Table of Contents
Addiction knows no boundaries, afflicting the wealthy just as profoundly as the poor. At any recovery group meeting there you will witness the wide swath of humanity that addiction has impacted. No matter one’s financial resources, the bottom line of addiction is that it does not discriminate.
For someone at the high end of the wealth spectrum, it is unsettling to consider removing themself from the comforts of their world to enter an addiction treatment program. They may conjure up images of sterile institutional facilities packed with clients where they will be uncomfortable for the duration. On the contrary, those who are blessed with high incomes have the option of residing in luxury while undergoing addiction treatment. Luxury substance abuse treatment facilities will provide the same comforts and upscale accommodations that the wealthy are accustomed to in their daily life.
Realizing You Need Addiction Treatment
It doesn’t matter whether one’s substance abuse ratcheted up quickly or had a long history the bottom line is that eventually addiction sets in. Some people manage to be high-functioning in their addiction, surprising even themselves as they manage to carry on conducting business as usual. Others may witness their lives implode with one dire consequence piling on to the other like the proverbial snowball rolling downhill.
There are certain signs that drug or alcohol abuse is becoming problematic. Addiction follows a very predictable path, so these are common red flags. Some of the warning signs that addiction has developed include:
- Continuing to use the substance despite the detrimental effects on relationships, health, career, or other areas of life
- Frequent cravings for the substance
- Using more of the substance or using it for a longer period than originally intended
- Decline in work or academic performance
- Neglecting family responsibilities or work obligations
- Engaging in high risk behaviors, such as driving under the influence, using the substance at work or while with children, or practicing unsafe sex
- Unable to quit using substance even when trying to do so
- Spending increasing amounts of time obtaining the substance, using the substance, and recovering from the effects of the substance
- Developing tolerance to the drug, requiring higher and more frequent doses or quantities to experience same effect
- Experiencing withdrawal symptoms when substance is withheld
What Are Luxury Substance Abuse Treatment Facilities?
Within the addiction treatment industry exists a wide variety of rehab options, from bare bones basic to premium luxury programs. For a person of means, the luxury rehab will offer many posh features that can enhance the treatment experience. Especially for the individual in need of a lengthy stay, such as a 3-6 month rehab period, an upscale rehab can make the extended stay comfortable.
These high-end rehabs are almost always situated in a secluded, geographically beautiful location. These types of settings provide enhanced privacy as well as a more tranquil experience. In many ways, the luxury addiction rehab is similar to a spa retreat, offering many of the same amenities but with the addition of core therapeutic treatment elements.
Treatment at Luxury Substance Abuse Treatment Facilities
A big price tag, however, is no guarantee that the program is effective. There are certain features of a high quality treatment program that should be sought while seeking out a luxury rehab. Without these core therapeutic features it may not provide the recovery result desired:
- Detox. A monitored detox will provide the necessary oversight of the withdrawal symptoms that occur during detoxification. Having personnel available to manage the symptoms and offer emotional support can help avoid emergencies as well as help ensure the individual progresses to active treatment.
- Evidence-based therapy. These are the psychotherapy modalities that have been clinically studied with scientifically quantified results. Some of these therapies include cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), contingency management, and motivational enhancement therapy (MET). Therapy will be provided in both individual and group formats.
- Managing co-occurring disorders. Many who have a substance use disorder also have a coexisting mental health disorder, such as anxiety or depression. The rehab should be equipped to manage both disorders simultaneously.
Luxury Amenities and Services Offered at High-End Rehab
What sets a luxury rehab apart is the robust menu of services and amenities offered. In addition to upscale private rooms, these rehabs may also provide:
- Massage therapy
- Yoga classes
- Art therapy
- Mindfulness training
- Nutritionist in house
- Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Recreational activities such as tennis, golf, surfing, hiking, etc.
Golf Drug Rehab Offers Luxury Substance Abuse Treatment Facilities
Golf Drug Rehab is situated in the tranquil surroundings of Dana Point, California, offering spectacular beach living while in rehab. With expert treatment specialists using evidence-based therapies and a wide array of activity based therapies—including the use of three upscale golf courses—Golf Drug Rehab will provide the posh environment and creature comforts the client is accustomed to. Why not blend life-changing therapy with luxury appointments? Call Golf Drug Rehab today at (877) 958-5320.